Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Palawan









Well, I couldn't post for a while because the internet service was blocking the blogger site...So here are some pics from Sabang and El Nido.

In Sabang, I stayed at a super-deluxe-fancy-pansy resort on the water, in which I am returning to tomorrow. That is where the famous underground river is found. It was quite spectacular, with the various limestone formations including stalagmites and stalagtites. More pics to follow.

After a couple days of R and R full of pool and sea time and of course my share of massages, I ventured on a 6 hour can ride up the coast to El Nido beach. There are very few people here considering what a gorgeous place it is. Probably due to the uncomfy arduous ride. Yesterday I went of Tour A, one of the 4 they offer. It took me on a pangka adventure through the limestone cliffs to many different small islands and lagoons. Did some snorkeling, but was limited on the underwater life, due to the dynamite fishing of the past. It's sad to see such a lovely and pristine place getting destroyed.

Now that the locals realize the potential the place can bring with its white sand beaches and secluded islands, they have put a stop to that. Since it's rainy season, there are not many tourists here, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. I met a few people on the boat, one from the US.

Tomorrow I return to Sabang for the final 11 days of R and R....

I just found out that my students scored 74% proficient and advanced on the CST reading! Yeah! Another reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment